RN37 - Urban Sociology
- Marta Smagacz-Poziemska, Institute of Sociology, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- M. Victoria Gómez, Departamento de Análisis Social, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Patrícia Pereira, CICS-NOVA, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Laura Guarino, Department of Political Sciences, University of Genova, Italy
- Sebastian Kurtenbach, Institute of interdisciplinary research on conflict and violence (IKG), Bielefeld University, Germany
- Juan Jose Villalon Ogayar,Department of Sociology III (Social Trends), UNED, Spain
Inequality and uncertainty: current challenges for cities. III Midterm Conference
Escuelas Pías Building, C/ Tribulete nº 14, Madrid (Spain)
For the third mid-term conference we propose inequality and uncertainty as terms to guide our reflections about urban realities. Both inequalities and uncertainties impact everyday practices, individual and communal identities, fears and (im)possibilities, as well as visions of the future. Both are clearly evident in today’s urban contexts.
In this conference we also wish to celebrate and bring into the discussion the works of two social scientists who greatly contributed to Urban Sociology and Urban Studies in general: Lefebvre and Simmel.
We welcome proposals exploring theoretical, methodological, and empirical issues.
An abstract in English of maximum 300 words should be submitted until January, 28th.
Full Call For Papers and Abstract Submission: https://esarn37.hypotheses.org/812
Public space and private lives in contemporary city. I Midterm Conference, 2014, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon (Portugal)
Moving cities: Contested views on urban life. II Midterm Conference, 2016, Jagiellonian University, Krakow (Poland)
RN37 Biennial Report for 2015-2017