RN21 - Quantitative Methods
The aim of RN 21 is to encourage and enhance rigorous empirical sociological research using quantitative methods in Europe. We promote the use of all varieties of quantitative methods, including survey research, experimental methods, causal inference, simulation, statistical techniques, comparative methods, and others.
We provide a platform for discussion of new developments and core problems of quantitative research in Europe. A special focus of the network is the support of cross national collaboration of researchers, and the enhancement of comparative research by bringing together experts from different fields and countries.
The activities of the network include:
- The organisation of sessions at the main ESA conferences
- The organization of Mid-Term conferences with specific topics in quantitative research
- The organization of workshops for PhD Students related to statistics, methodological advances and general topics in empirical social research
- The establishment of a newsletter and an email discussion list.
- The organisation of scientific visits and collaboration between members of the network.
All those who are engaged in quantitative or mixed methods empirical research, wherever they may be working in Europe are welcome to become members of the Network.