RN08 - Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis
The purpose of the Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network (DCSCRN) is to promote the study, research and analysis of natural, technological and social disasters with a view to contributing to the development of disaster-resilient European communities and preventing or mitigating the human, economic, social, cultural and psychological effects of disasters.
We propose to achieve our scientific and social policy goals through:
- the organization of sessions during the biannual conferences of ESA
- the organization of interim conferences
- the organization of European sessions at other international social science conferences
- the publication of an electronic newsletter and
- the establishment of a webpage.