Family Studies Research Position
About UIC Barcelona
UIC Barcelona is home to over 7,000 students and offers 15 bachelor’s degree programmes, 26 international double degrees and a wide range of master's and postgraduate degrees, in addition to continuing education courses in different fields of knowledge. Since 1997, we have been teaching people through academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. The UIC Barcelona team is made up of professionals who are qualified not only in the field of teaching, but also in research, management, administration, communication, services and systems. Beyond the professionalism of each individual, at UIC Barcelona you will also find a young and dynamic work atmosphere.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a researcher to work with the IESF (Institute for Advanced Family Studies), whose one of research subject is intergenerational solidarity within the family. The successful applicant is expected to work on projects that we has already embarked upon and develop new ones, paying particular attention to methodological aspects.
- To prepare, present and lead scientific projects
- to conclude the projects that the Chair has already embarked upon
- to support the members of the chair in the methodological aspects of their research.
- PhD in Sociology
- Essential knowledge and professional experience
- A minimum of 2 years of postdoctoral experience
- High level knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods of research
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Aptitude for managing
- Ability to lead a research team (It will be especially appreciated to have led a project in the past)
- Share the mission, vision and values of our university
- This is a tenure-track (4-year) position with a mid-term evaluation
- The position will be based at UIC Barcelona, in the IESF
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment and a dynamic and international scientific environment and financial support for her or his research.
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
- Start date: September 2019
How to apply
All applications must include:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest.
- At least two reference letters.
- A full CV including contact details.
The applications must be sent to rcavallotti [at] uic.es
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2019