- ESA members get full online access to the ESA journals European Societies and European Journal of Cultural and Political Sociology, both published by Routledge;
- they can publish in ESA's e-journal, the European Sociologist, and comment on all the articles;
- they get access to the ESA website where they can post their CFPs, job offers and new books under 'Opportunities';
- they get a 20% discount on all titles at the Emerald bookstore
- last not least, they pay a substantially reduced fee for the ESA conference and all 37 midterm conferences of the Research Networks!
Categories: Membership is open to the broad categories of all scholars who contribute to the scientific development of sociological knowledge in or on Europe. There are three kinds of members: regular, student, and institutional.
Duration: The ESA membership lasts two calendar years, with a tolerance of two months at the end of the year. This means that new members registering for membership after 1 November receive the remainder of the current year FREE. So if you register in November or December 2017, the registration will cover the years 2018 and 2019.
Fees: The ESA membership fee for two years is 150 € (Band 1 countries), 50 € (Band 2 countries), for students 50 €/40 €. You will find a detailed overview once you start the registration process. Note: In most European countries, you can claim the ESA membership fee against your tax.