1. Link: ConfTool 2021: https://www.conftool.pro/esa2021/
2. Important dates: Abstract submission opens at the end of 2020. The deadline has been extended to March 1st, 2021. Participant registration will open in Spring 2021 when you will also receive notification about your abstract.
3. Create an account in ConfTool 2021 in order to submit an abstract and register for participation in the 15th ESA Conference in Barcelona, 31 August – 3 September 2021. Logins from previous ConfTools have not been transferred – you need a new account.
4. Validate your e-mail address in ConfTool 2021! Once you create a user account, you will receive an automatic confirmation message with a link – please click. This will ensure that you receive important information about your abstract and the conference. We also recommend to ensure that esa2021[at]conftool.pro is on your whitelist.
5. You can always ‘Edit User Account Details’ in ConfTool. There is a direct link for this in the ‘Overview’ of your ConfTool 2021 account. You can change your address, affiliation, information for the visa invitation letter offered through ConfTool, and much more.
6. Please take note that we consider the submitting author of an abstract to be the presenting author. If you and your co-authors change your mind about who will / can present the paper at the Barcelona conference, send us a mail. We can change this until the deadline for participant registration for paper presenters (in late Spring 2021).
7. During participant registration, when you choose the category for ESA members (who benefit from reduced conference fees), please make the effort to double-check the status of your ESA membership in the ESA members area (‘My Dashboard’). If your membership has expired, you can renew it directly in ConfTool (by choosing the category which adds the ESA membership to your conference registration).
8. Visit and use your ConfTool 2021 account regularly! Find out about the status of your abstract, your registration and payment details, print out your invoice, download invitation and confirmation letters, and browse the conference agenda once it is ready.
9. Don’t panic. ConfTool 2021 is managed by real people. At the ESA, we will always try to help: esa2021[at]europeansociology.org
10. There is more support in ConfTool’s Helpful Hints for User Registration and Log-In.