Abstract submission for the ESA 2021 conference is now open via Conftool: https://www.conftool.pro/esa2021
Scroll down for the Call for Papers, published in updated in February 2021.
- Please DO NOT send us a full copy of your paper (neither before nor after the conference).
- Abstracts sent by email cannot be accepted.
- Authors are invited to submit their abstract either to a Research Network (RN), a Joint Session (JS), a Research Stream (RS) or a Semi-Plenary (SP). Note that:
- submitters of a SP abstract must hold a PhD (extended dealidline: March 1st, 2021).
- all accepted abstracts not selected for the SP will be switched to the organising RN.
- Each participant can submit and present one paper as first author.
- The submitting author will be considered the presenting author.*
- There are NO limitations for co-authoring/co-authorship.
- For those submitting for the summer school, this will be considered their main contribution; but they can still be co-authors of abstracts submitted to the main conference (no limitation).
- At a later stage, participants will be allowed to update who the presenter will be in each submission.
- Abstracts should:
- not exceed 250 words.
- be submitted in English. The only exception to this rule is RS02: A New Normality For a New Europe, which accepts submissions in Spanish.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and selected for presentation by the RN/RS/SP coordinators.
- The ESA membership is not mandatory, except for RN/RS/SP coordinators and session chairs as well as all RN board members and the ESA Executive Committee. Note that ESA members benefit from reduced conference fees!
IMPORTANT: Accepted authors/co-authors have to register as participants if they want to present their paper at the conference and appear in the Book of Abstracts. We will withdraw papers by non-registered authors and non-registered authors from ConfTool after this date.
* If you have made another submission for which you are not the presenter, Conftool will not allow you to make a submission as main author. Please withdraw the first submission and have the presenter submit it, or contact us at esa2021 [at] europeansociology.org
Abstract submission - extension of deadline:
March 1st, 2021