ESA - Best Article Awards
Presentation of the award and eligibility of applicants
The European Sociological Association is presenting its first edition of the ESA Best Article Awards. This award honours the Best Article published in each one of the ESA journals, European Societies and European Journal of Cultural and Political Sociology, in the two preceding years (2019-2020). Articles being considered must present original research. Book reviews will be excluded.
The winners of the ESA Best Article Awards will be awarded at the 15th ESA Conference 2021 - Barcelona.
- A waiver on the 15th ESA Conference fee or reimbursement
- An invitation to present the article in a Midday Special session of the 15th ESA Conference.
- A certificate as winner of the ‘ESA Best Article Award’, publicly announced at the Closing Ceremony.
- The article will be free of access for a period of 6 to 12 months.
- Dissemination of the article through ESA’s website & Social Media.
There will be an "Honorable Mention" for the runner-up.
2021 Selection Committee Members
For the 2021 edition, the selection committee will be integrated by the following members:
- All Members of the Publications Committee
- One member of associate editors of each ESA Journal
- One member of editorial board of each ESA journal
The selection process will take place during May and June 2021.
- The editors of each journal make up to 3 proposals of articles published in their respective journals to be considered for the award. Each member of the Selection Committee can make one additional proposal of an article for each of the journals to be considered.
- The Selection Committee revises and discusses the proposals and selects one award for each journal by majority of votes. If there is no consensus in the Selection Committee, the Executive Committee will discuss and decide.
The winners of the award will be notified after June 30, and the result will be publicly announced at the 15th ESA Conference.