ESA Membership Form
Membership of the European Sociological Association is open to the broad categories of all scholars who actively contribute to the scientific development of sociological knowledge in or on Europe. There are three kinds of members: regular, institutional and student.
Regular membership is open to scholars who either:
- carry out sociological research
- teach sociology
- have sociological jobs
- are members of European national sociological associations
- have academic degrees and training in sociology
To become a member of the ESA, please complete this form. After clicking 'submit', it will be sent to the ESA-secretariat. After your payment has been received, you will be registered as a member.
In order to get your ID number faster, please send your bank order by fax to our secretariat +33 1 40 25 11 03. You can also send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership fees for 2013-2015
|Type of membership||Band 1 (1)||Band 2 (2)|
|Regular member (with online only copies of the journal)||150 €||50 €|
|Student Discount (copy of valid ID required)||50 €||40 €|
|Institution (with online only copies of the journal)||300 €||300 e|
|National associations (without journal)||200 €||200 €|
|Hard copies of the Journal (for 2 calendar years)||60 €||60 €|
1) Band 1 : above 20,000 international dollars (PPP measures) Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Equatorial Guinea, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea Rp., Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
2) Band 2 : everywhere else.
Source: World Bank Gross National Income per capita 2010, PPP measures Accessed January 2013.